On April 3, the West German women's volleyball team defeated Holland in the final of the International Women's Volleyball Spring Cup in Birmingham.
Holland v. West Germany:
1. GV Holland, in orange, lose point to West Germany (2 shots) 0.19
2. GV Holland serve and score point as referee watches (2 shots) 0.36
3. GV West Germany serve and lose point. Crowd looks on (2 shots) 1.00
4. GV West Germany serve and score (2 shots) 1.13
5. SV PULL BACK TO GV West Germany serve and win long rally (2 shots) 1.53
6. GV Presentation of trophy and medals to winners 2.00
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: BIRMINGHAM, UK
On April 3, the West German women's volleyball team defeated Holland in the final of the International Women's Volleyball Spring Cup in Birmingham. A total of 16 teams took part in the tournament, including Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Scotland, Norway, Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Israel, Greece, France, Finland, England, Belgium and Austria, who were all knocked out in earlier rounds of the four-day competition. Holland, playing in orange, won only one set -- the first -- which they took 15-10. West Germany, playing towards the camera, won all three remaining sets, 18-16, 13-2, and 15-6. They were later presented with their trophy and individual medals.
Source: REUTERS - LEO WALLER