One person died and dozens were injured when typhoon Veena hit the South Pacific island of Tahiti and its sister island Morrea.
1. GV Broken down trees on a street. 0.06
2. GV Blown in roofs, collapsed houses, roof fallen on a car. (5 SHOTS) 0.21
3. GV Harbour scenes. (3 SHOTS) 0.37
4. GV People trying to moor the boats. 0.44
5. CU, GV Sunken boats in the harbour. (6 SHOTS) 1.07
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
One person died and dozens were injured when typhoon Veena hit the South Pacific island of Tahiti and its sister island Morrea. The typhoon, which left thousands homeless, moved southward towards the Austral Islands, after raging for twelve hours in Tahiti. Veena caused extensive damage with trees uprooted, roofs torn from houses and electricity lines cut. First estimates of the damage were about 21 million dollars. Also most of the crops on the island have been destroyed. A woman died, when she was hit by a power line, knocked down by winds of 150 kilometres per hour.
Source: RFO (FRANCE)