Independiente beat Estudiantes 4-1 in a Libertadores Cup match on April 13 in Avellaneda.
INDEPENDIENTE V. ESTUDIANTES:
1. GV Estudiantes, in striped shirts, attack and gain penalty, from which Domce scores (2 shots) 0.23
2. GV Independiente attack and No. 11, Barberon, scores after clearing keeper (2 shots) 0.36
3. GV Independiente score again when No. 9, Burruchaga chips ball over keeper (4 shots) 0.54
4. GV Independiente score again as No. 10, Bochini, shoots from inside box (2 shots) 1.10
5. GV Independiente attack and are awarded penalty as Barberon is hacked down in box 1.29
6. GV No. 6, Trosero, takes and misses penalty (2 shots) 1.38
7. GV Bochini scores after hitting ball off under side of bar (2 shots) 2.00
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: AVELLANEDA, ARGENTINA
Independiente beat Estudiantes 4-1 in a Libertadores Cup match on April 13 in Avellaneda. Estudiantes, in striped shirts, scored first when Domce hit home a penalty kick. Independiente equalised through No. 11, Barberon, when he dribbled past the'keeper. Burrachaga, No. 9, made it 2-1 for Independiente when he chipped the ball over the'keeper from the edge of the box. Bochini shot home from inside the box to make it 3-1 for Independiente. Soon afterwards, they were awarded a penalty after Barberon was brought down in the box, but Trosero, No. 6, hit the ball straight at the'keeper. No. 10, Bochini, made the final score 4-1 when he hit the ball in off the underside of the bar. In the Libertadores Cup, Independiente were one of the two clubs in their group with a chance of qualifying for the second round. Estudiantes, who have won the trophy three times, were out of the running for a place.
Source: REUTERS - HECTOR LOPEZ