As German bombs rained down on London in 1941, St. Paul's Cathedral stood solid and?
Fire of London - 1941, GV. London burning.
GV. Buildings burning and collapsing.
SV. Flames pouring from building.
GV.PAN.From St. Paul's Cathedral to fire.
GV. Street scene with St. Paul's in BG.
1960.Shots as seem from St. Paul's, new building etc.
1954.AERIAL V.Of St. Paul's Cathedral.
GV. St. Paul's shot from Cannon Street.
SV. Top gallery of St. Paul's.
1945.TV.King and Queen and members of the Royal family arrive at St. Paul's.
SCU. King, Queen, Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret
SV. Royal Family up steps and into Cathedral.
LV. Entering Cathedral.
SV.INT.Royals walk towards altar.
SV. Doors are closed.
1960. Queen Mother and Lord Mayor of London walk up steps to St. Paul's.
SV.PAN.From crowd to Queen Mother up steps.
LV. Queen Mother is met by clergy.
BV. Queen Mother entering Cathedral.
GV. St. Paul's.
ANGLE SHOT.Dome and CU.
GV. Queen Mother down steps from St. Paul's.
GV. Queen Mother walks towards stationers hall PAN to dome on cathedral.
GV. St. Paul's.
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: As German bombs rained down on London in 1941, St. Paul's Cathedral stood solid and serene among the flames and smoke. Miraculously, damage to the Cathedral was slight.
Today, the scene is different, St. Paul's - unchanged as it has been since 1710; the nearby bombed sites - changing beyond recognition as big modern buildings spring into existence.
A focal point of the nation's spiritual life - it was at St.Paul's in 1945 that King George VI, accompanied by the Royal Family, came to join in the thanksgiving service marking the end of World War Two.
Nearly fifteen years later - and, on June 7, 1960, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother was again present, this time for a service commemorating the 250th anniversary of the opening of the Cathedral.
Greeted first by the Lord Mayor, Her Majesty ascended the steps to the great west door, where she was welcomed by the Dean and Chapter and the Bishop of London.
The sermon was preached by Dr. Stockwood, Bishop of Southwark, and afterwards the Queen Mother left to walk towards Stationers Hall, within the shadow of Wren's great Cathedral at the heart of London.