After long years the correspondents of the foreign press had been invited to a sightseeing tour in East Berlin to show the reconstruction.
The former Berlin town-hall after its reconstruction which is now used only for sightseeing.
On the other side of the town-hall 2 statues of workmen (male and female) In the background of the male worker the Marien church.
The town-house in Parochialstreet form where the right Berlin magistrate had been driven out 1948.
The entrance. Sign, magistrate of great Berlin. In Parochialstreet the oldest Berlin house and inn "Zur letzten Instanz" (406 year old).
The government building of prime minister Otto Grotewohl.
Different new buildings behind the Stalin Allee in Langestrasse with a complex of 5,000 new dwellings.
This complex will comprise an own shop street a school and a home for a eldermen.
Different shots of the new buildings with press people.
In need of working powers children help at the building work.
Pan over the building place with workmen in foreground.
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: After long years the correspondents of the foreign press had been invited to a sightseeing tour in East Berlin to show the reconstruction.
Unfortunately we could only see a part of the program.