The London to Paris Triathlon ended on June 10 after three gruelling days of events between teams from the United States, South Africa, France, and Britain.
1. GV EXTERIOR Royal Navy team setting out on cycling leg 0.11
2. GV Royal Navy team cycling through countryside 0.23
3. GV Spectators 0.25
4. GV TRACKING SHOT Team France cycling 0.34
5. GV Royal Navy team finishing 0.47
6. GV Winners, Trisport, South Africa, crossing line 0.56
7. SV Reporter asks competitor how he feels. Competitor replies "Quite tire. It wasn't easy!" (SOT) 1.07
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: VARIOUS/PARIS, FRANCE
The London to Paris Triathlon ended on June 10 after three gruelling days of events between teams from the United States, South Africa, France, and Britain. The South African Leppin team justified their ranking as favourites by pushing the British Army Physical Training Corps into second place with the French Nice team in third. After the first two legs, a run from London to Dover n England followed by a cross channel swim from England to France the next day, the exhausted competitors faced a cycle race from the French coast to Paris. The South African team put in a strong swimming leg to take the lead and although they crossed the line in Paris behind the British they took the title on aggregate with an overall time of 25 hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds.
Source: REUTERS - FREDERIC FABRE