Industry ministers of the Islamic conference Organisation (ICO) met for the first time in Islamabad on Sunday (14 February).
1. GV Delegates of the Islamic Conference Organisation standing in conference hall in Islamabad 0.04
2. SV Flags of countries represented at conference 0.08
3. SVs Delegates representing Sudan, Turkey, Algeria, Iraq, Palestine, Saudi Arabia and Syria, seated (7 shots) 0.30
4. SV President Zia addressing delegates in Urdu (4 shots) 1.17
5. SV President Zia shaking hands with delegates, then leaving 1.38
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN
Industry ministers of the Islamic conference Organisation (ICO) met for the first time in Islamabad on Sunday (14 February). This followed a plan drawn up at the third ICO Summit in Saudi Arabia in January 1981, to promote self-reliance in the Islamic world. Delegates from 40 countries, including Iraq, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran, were present at the opening session of the Ministerial Consultation on Industrial Cooperation, addressed by the president of Pakistan, General Zia ul-Haq. The purpose of the four-day conference,also attended by observers from the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation and the Islamic Development Bank, is to discuss the possibility of joint industrial projects, and the promotion financial, educational and technological cooperation.
Source: REUTERS - KAMAL HYDER