SYDNEY & NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
INTRODUCTION: The World Youth Soccer Championships being staged in Australia are providing plenty of evidence that there are no longer any easy opponents in the game.
SYDNEY & NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
ENGLAND v EGYPT
1. SV & GV EXTERIOR Egypt attack through Solomon. Egypt forward brought down. Penalty. (2 SHOTS) 0.11
2. GV Penalty taken. (3 SHOTS) 0.20
3. GV Penalty scored 1-0 Egypt. (2 SHOTS) 0.26
4. GV English pass (No. 5) intercepted, Egyptian goal, 2-0. (2 SHOTS) 0.34
5. GV England attack and score through Webb, 1-2. 0.44
6. GV Second half, England attack, score. 2-2. 0.56
7. GV English attack, score 3-2 England. (2 SHOTS) 1.05
8. GV England player brought down Webb shoots from free kick. Goal. Scorer runs away. (7 SHOTS) 1.21
BRAZIL v QATAR
9. GV Qatar attack and score, 1-0. (2 SHOTS) 1.29
10. GV Brazil attack and score, 1-1. (2 SHOTS) 1.38
11. GV Qatar attack and score 2-1. (3 SHOTS) 1.48
12. SV & GV Brazilian corner and score 2-2. (2 SHOTS) 1.54
13. GV Qatar attack, hand ball given against Brazil. Penalty. 2.06
14. GV Qatar penalty converted. (2 SHOTS) 2.11
SPEECH (TRANSCRIPT) TO END
HARRISON: "And it's Solomon to turn. Solomon in for Helmi. Helmi looking for the return from Abu Zeid. Helmi must be offside. It's Abu Zeid, and he scores. No. It has got to be retaken because there were two if not three England players in the penalty area.
"The other side this time.
"And here is an opportunity for Zeid. How the devil did that happen.
"And they are two up. So Egypt the shock side ... but Wallace and Webb is going in there with a shot. He's got it.
"Now Peake. Wide out there is Cook. This is Wallace coming up well. Over goes Hasheesh. Wallace is getting into the area, he tumbles. The shot, it's in.
"England pushing everything forward here. Cook still coming. And it's going to come to Webb. That's a lovely goal.
"Webb looking for Stead. Wallace tumbles, Webb's in there. It's a free kick right on the edge of the area. Webb, he's got a hat-trick.
"Touched forward by Adilaked (phonetic) forward comes Khalid Salim, first goal for Qatar."
"And now the yellow shirts go forward Josimar (phonetic) square... yes.
"Played down the line. Nice play by Qatar. The number twelve there is Alsada. Shot ... yes.
"Corner taken ... and it's in the back of the net. The equaliser.
"Down, and Fifa (phonetic) plays the one-two- there with (INDISTINCT) and they're point to the spot.
SPORT: SOCCERREPORTER: GERALD HARRISONCHECK ANY COMMERCIAL SALE WITH SPORTS EDITOR
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: SYDNEY & NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
INTRODUCTION: The World Youth Soccer Championships being staged in Australia are providing plenty of evidence that there are no longer any easy opponents in the game. In earlier rounds, Egypt defeated the powerful West Germans and Cameroon had the better of a drawn game with England. The quarter-finals pitted the team for Qatar, the tiny Gulf state, against the footballing might of Brazil, and the surprise of the tournament, Egypt against England. And England, in the red shirts were soon under pressure as commentator Gerald Harrison of Channel 10, describes.
Source: CHANNEL 10, AUSTRALIA