The Ivory Coast Minister of Public Health, M. Hippolyte Aye, lat Saturday (17 April) opened?
SV & GV Tribal dancers (3 shots)
SV PAN Headsmen seated with chiefs
SV Women scatter flower petals
MV Aye hakes hands with chiefs & headsmen
STV Aye greets Claude Tollu & makes him officer of Public Health
SV Aye cuts tape & crowd applauds
SV INT. Medical trolley
SV Medical supplies & TILT UP Aye & party
SV Aye looking at examination table
Initials SGM/1841 SGM/1836
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: The Ivory Coast Minister of Public Health, M. Hippolyte Aye, lat Saturday (17 April) opened a maternity and infant';s clinic at Bonoua, 50 miles (80 kilometres) east of Abidjan. The clinic was built with aid from West Germany, which is also providing two volunteer nurses for it.
SYNOPSIS: In Bonoua, 50 miles east of Abidjan, a new maternity and children's clinic was opened last Saturday. The clinic, built with aid from West Germany is in the heart of the Ivory Coast's pineapple-growing country, and people came from the whole area to witness the ceremony.
The money for the clinic was found by two Ivoro-German companies, and cost an estimated 4 million Ivory Coast francs. Medical supplies and equipment to the tune of 700,000 Ivory Coast francs have been provided by the West German government. It's the Ivory Coast Minister of Public Health, M. Hippolyte Aye, who opened the clinic.
During the ceremony M. Claude Tollu, director of one of the two companies to help finance the clinic, was decorated as an officer of the Order of Public Health. The clinic consists of offices examination rooms, a pharmacy and a large modern kitchen...later, it'll be extended to include two small wards. West Germany provided more than financial aid...there are two voluntary nurses from West Germany and one doctor. Two Ivorian nurses will make up the team, which will cater from the 6,000 population of Bonoua, nearly all of whom work for SOCABO or SIACA - they're the two Ivoro-German companies who co-financed the clinic. The supplies given by West Germany are enough to last the clinic the whole of its first year in operation. A party led by M. Aye toured the clinic...and it included the Ambassador from West Germany, Herr Jakob Hasslacher.