INTRODUCTION: The WBA Light Flyweight champion, Hwanjin Kim, from Korea lost his title to Japan's Katsuo Tokashiki on Wednesday (16 December).
1. GV Eighth round, Katsuo Tokashiki (in white shorts) fighting Korean champion Hwanjin Kim 0.32
2. GV End of eighth round; boxers go to corners. (2 SHOTS) 0.40
3. GV Round eleven; boxing continues, end of round, boxers go to corners. 1.07
4. SV Audience. 1.10
5. SV Fifteenth round and bell at end. 1.28
6. SV Tokashiki lifted up by crowd and seconds while audience applaud. 1.41
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: SENDAI, JAPAN
INTRODUCTION: The WBA Light Flyweight champion, Hwanjin Kim, from Korea lost his title to Japan's Katsuo Tokashiki on Wednesday (16 December). Tokashiki is ranked ninth on the lists and the fight was a hard and bruising affair, which resulted in this surprise win.
SYNOPSIS: Tokashiki, in the white shorts, attacked the Korean champion from the start, and in this round, the eighth, it was obvious he was getting the upper hand.
By round eleven, Tokashiki was showing his class and peppered Kim with almost continuous straight jabs. The audience were wildly enthusiastic, scenting a home victory.
In the fifteenth and final round, both boxers wee very tired, The fight had been hard, but the judges had no hesitation in awarding the title to Tokashiki. He was lifted onto his seconds' shoulders and chaired round the ring, while the crowd shouted their delight.
Source: TOKYO BROADCASTING SERVICE INCORPORATED