In recent months, Paris has been subjected to intensive publicity campaigns aimed at cleaning the French capital of animal excrement.
1. SV Dog defecating on footpath in Paris 0.10
2. GV PAN Motorised footpath cleaner riding down street 0.27
3. CU PULL BACK TO SV/ZOOM INTO SCU Motorised footpath cleaner at work 0.51
4. SV Dog and owner walking past motorised footpath cleaner 0.56
5. GV Motorised footpath cleaner in action (2 shots) 1.18
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: PARIS, FRANCE
In recent months, Paris has been subjected to intensive publicity campaigns aimed at cleaning the French capital of animal excrement. The latest development is a small scooter called "Caninette", due to be in use shortly. The Caninette is equipped with a container holding four encased brushes. The brushes turn at high speed in counter-rotation collecting excrement and cleaning the footpath. Once the area is cleansed, the container returns to its travelling position above the back wheel of the scooter. The excrement is collected in paper bags, easily disposed of in the Paris sewers.
Source: MARC BULKA