Two powerful bombs killed five people, injured more than 30 and extensively damaged property in a busy shopping centre in the Afghan capital of Kabul on November 25.
1. GV PAN Bomb damage exterior of flats 0.16
2. GV PAN Bomb damaged shop fronts with onlookers (2 shots) 0.56
3. GV ZOOM INTO SV Damaged jeep 1.00
4. SV Trader setting up stall in street 1.11
5. CU PULL BACK TO SV Scattered goods (mainly cigarettes) 1.19
6. SV Soldiers on street 1.22
7. GV Hospital sign "Avicina Emergency Hospital" 1.25
8. CU PULL BACK TO SV Wounded in hospital beds (2 shots) 1.42
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
Two powerful bombs killed five people, injured more than 30 and extensively damaged property in a busy shopping centre in the Afghan capital of Kabul on November 25. Radio kabul said the blasts were at the seven-storey Serai-Badeq building, the home of many Khalq and Parcham party members. The unusual amount of publicity given to the blast by official radio has strengthened the belief that high-ranking government officials may have been among the victims. The clean-up operation after the blasts was a massive one. Debris was scattered over a large area; the frontages of shops and apartment buildings had been badly damaged. The wounded were taken to nearby Avicina hospital, many are seriously wounded and it is "servants of imperialism".