See Reuters for statement contents and answering questions. Main points were questions from newsmen asking?
- GV EXT Presidential Palace
- General Tran Van Tra entering and seated in front of Press
- Various long bites Tra reading statement and listening to translation into english
- Cutaways press taking pictures and tv film
- Shots others at Tra's table during conference
- Couple shots Tra answering questions for newsmen
- GV's conference in progress
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: See Reuters for statement contents and answering questions. Main points were questions from newsmen asking when we could get ourselves and our filmout. Nothing of political or information importance as far as future of South Viet-Nam goes. He refused to answer the questions on the unification of Viet-Nam and what form of Government would take office. Also refused to name most important members of Military Management Committee, or which he is head. FYI- Tra is one of the PRG's most experienced generals. It was he who carried details of the 1968 Tet offensive from Hanoi to the field commanders in South Viet-Nam and who was responsible for co-ordinating the overall attacks on the major cities and installations in Saigon during the offensive. He is regarded also as having been responsible for the last offensive in 1972, and the final one which gave the PRG total victory in SVN this time. Reuters will carry most of his statement on this day.