Bulgarian Prime Minister Grisha Filipov arrived in Baghdad for a three-day visit at the invitation of the Iraqi government.
1. SV Bulgarian Prime Minister Grisha Filipov greeted by President Saddam Hussein (in military uniform) as officials watch 0.22
2. CU PULL BACK TO GV Both leaders seated on couch 0.30
3. SV Prime Minister Filipov seated 0.36
4. SV President Hussein seated 0.40
5. GV Both leaders seated and in conversation 0.43
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
Bulgarian Prime Minister Grisha Filipov arrived in Baghdad for a three-day visit at the invitation of the Iraqi government. Prime Minister Filipov, accompanied by his Foreign Trade Minister Christo Christov, was greeted by Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. The two leaders later took parts in the first of a series of talks expected to focus on further development of economic co-operation between their countries. The Middle East situation and the Gulf war between Iraq and Iran were also reported to be on the agenda. Bulgarian exports to Iraq include industrial plant, foodstuffs and consumer goods. Bulgarian technicians are also engaged in geological prospecting in Iraq.
Source: IRAQI BROADCASTING AND TELEVISION ESTABLISHMENT