Togo Republic President, General Gnassingbe Eyadema welcomed the heads of the west African republics of Niger and Guinea early this month.
1. GV Photographs of Presidents Eyadema of Togo Republic (left) and Koutche of Niger Republic displayed at Lome airport. 0.03
2. SV PAN President Koutche down aircraft steps and greeted by President Eyadema before receiving flowers from girl. 0.19
3. SV PAN & CU The two president walk across tarmac and stand in silence. (2 SHOTS) 0.36
4. CU PAN Crowd with banners standing and applauding. (2 SHOTS) 0.50
5. TV PAN Presidents Sekou Toure of Guinea, wearing white robes, waves from open ...car, alongside President Eyadema on way from airport. 1.05
6. SV The two presidents arrive, leave car, and enter hotel. 1.32
7. SV & LV INT The three presidents seated talking (2 SHOTS) 1.54
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: LOME, TOGO
Togo Republic President, General Gnassingbe Eyadema welcomed the heads of the west African republics of Niger and Guinea early this month. Niger Republic President, Colonel Seyni Koutche arrived in Lome on Thursday (4 February) to a warm welcome to President Eyadema and a crowd of wellwishers at the capital's international airport. Colonel Kountche was in Lome for little more than a day, for talks described as part of a general friendship and co-operation pact between the two countries. On the same day Friday (5 February) the Niger head of state left Togo, President Eyadema welcomed President Eyadema welcomed President Ahmed Sekou Toure of the People's Revolutionary Republic of Guinea, for a visit described as one of friendship and work.
Source: ADOLPHE AMETOZION