West German Foreign Minister Hans Dietrich Genscher arrived in Cairo July 14 to begin a round of talks with Egyptian officials.
1. GV Aircraft taxiing on runway at Cairo airport 0.04
2. SV Foreign Minister Kamal Hassan Ali and other Egyptian officials walk towards plane 0.08
3. SV West German Foreign Minister Hans Dietrich Genscher and other German officials walk down steps of aircraft and are greeted by Kamal Hassan Ali and Egyptian notables (2 shots) 0.16
4. SV Genscher and Ali cross tarmac towards airport building (2 shots) 0.25
5. SV Official car drives away 0.34
6. SV INTERIOR Progressive Unionist Party speaked Dr. Ashraf El-Bayouni speaking at news conference (2 shots) 1.29
TRANSCRIPT FOR SEQUENCE 6: DR. ASHRAF EL-BAYOUNI: "American strategy is an imperialist strategy based on benefiting the American corporations which exploit the nations of the world, whether in the Middle East or Africa, or Asia, or Latin America. The United States that supports the fascist regime of Somoza and like this guy D'Aubuisson in El Salvador and Tuan in Vietnam and the racist ideology in South Africa, cannot be in favour of helping the peoples of the world. The Zionist ideology is born with violence. When they came to Palestine they were welcomed by the Palestinian people they armed themselves and started fighting the Palestinians who awakened to the fact that these are colonisers."
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: CAIRO, EGYPT
West German Foreign Minister Hans Dietrich Genscher arrived in Cairo July 14 to begin a round of talks with Egyptian officials. Mr. Genscher was met at the airport by his Egyptian counterpart, Mr. Kamal Hassan Ali, and later met Egypt's Prime Minister Mr. Fuad Mohieddin for talks. Both men later declined to comment on their content, however, Egyptian officials said Prime Minister Mohieddin had explained Egypt's efforts to settle the crisis in Lebanon. The general state of the Middle East was also discussed at the meeting. Mr. Hassan Ali said his talks with Mr. Genscher would also centre on the Lebanon crisis which he described as, "very crucial and critical". Egyptian officials added Egypt would support European efforts to put an end to the fighting in Lebanon. Meanwhile, at a news conference in Cairo the leader of the Progressive Unionist Party, Dr. Ashraf el-Bayouni, called for an international tribunal to try Israeli leaders as war criminals. He suggested the trials be similar to those held after World War Two for Axis leaders, and he condemned Zionism for what he called its racist ideology and intimate links with US imperialism.
Source: REUTERS - MOHAMED FAHMY