The opening of Apsley House, former home of the Duke of Wellington.
Apsley House, Hyde Park Corner, London - Opening of Duke of Wellington's House, it has become a museum.
SV. Angle shot, Duke of Wellington's Statute, pan down to G.V. Apsley House (first 7 for super.) GV. Dining table in Waterloo Gallery. Mv. Centrepiece of the Portuguese Service, presented to the Duke of Wellington in 1814 by Prince Regent of Portugal. CU. Figures at base of centre-piece. GV. Through window, type pulls across steel shutters faced with brass, installed after Duke was stoned. MV. Part of 400 piece Prussian service, presented to Duke by Frederick William III of Prussia. CU. Tureen of service showing picture of Waterloo on side. SV. Collection of snuffboxes. CU. Russian snuffbox, presented in 1820. SV. Case of field Marshal batons - man picks up Russian Army baton, gold set with diamonds and emeralds, presented to the Duke of Wellington by Emperor Alexandra in 1818. CU. Russian baton. MV. Wellington shield, presented to the Duke by the Merchants and Bankers of the City of London. SV. Figures on centre of shield.
(Orig. Neg.) (Title Scene 'E')
Selected Originals exist for this item - see other records.