• Short Summary

    Falkirk defeats Kilmarnock 2-1 in Scottish Cup Final replay, after extra time.

  • Description

    Hampden Park, Glasgow.

    Start of the Scottish Cup Final replay football match between Falkirk and Kilmarnock. SV. Falkirk captain Prentice and Kilmarnock captain Toner tossing coin at the kick off. CU. Boy supporter in crowd. GV. Falkirk kick off towards right of picture. Ball is immediately passed back and one of the Falkirk halfbacks kick it high towards the Kilmarnock half where a Kilmarnock defender kicks back towards centre of field. CU. Girls in crowd. GV. Kilmarnock taking a corner. Ground shot, Falkirk goalkeeper Bert Slater jumps and punches ball clear. CU. Man in crowd. GV. Ball coming over high towards Falkirk goal, goalie Slater collects and kicks it out to the right wing. GV. Tommy Murray of Falkirk running with ball down right wing. He centres it across and Merchant heads in Falkirk's first goal. CU. Boys cheering. GV. Ground, Kilmarnock attacking the Falkirk goal. One of the forwards shoot, goalkeeper Slater fumbles it but retrieves and clears. GV. Crowd cheering. Half Time. LV. Falkirk takes a free kick and it comes sailing into the Kilmarnock goal area. Ball is headed away but Douglas Moran brings it under control and shoots. Jimmy Brown gathers it safely. GV. Brown starts to run out of goal and kicks ball up field. GV. Falkirk goal area, ball comes into it, heads up and Willie Harvey runs in and hits it. The goalkeeper thinking it is going by post (Slater) lets it go and it hits the post and comes out to play. CU. Woman in crowd holds head. SV. Kilmarnock goal area. Falkirk attacking and Grierson pushes it forward for a team mate to run on and shoot over the bar. Man in crowd banging hand. GV. And now Falkirk having been awarded a corner on the right wing is taken into the Kilmarnock goal mouth. Moran heads it on and runs across the face of goal where Eddie O'Hara tries a shot but it is blocked and the ball runs loose. SV. Tussle in Kilmarnock goal area to get ball away which they do, and after scuffle one of them goes after it as it runs out of penalty area. SV. Kilmarnock player manages to come away with it and start to look for man and sends long one up into the Falkirk half.

    LV. Falkirk forward trying to get through but is robbed of ball and it is taken away. CU. Woman in crowd shouting. GV. Kilmarnock having been awarded corner on the left wing is taken and the ball comes through where Davie Curlett manages to get a foot to it and the ball goes into net. A spectator jumps up and down in front of camera. GV. Crowd cheering. LV. Kilmarnock attacking down right wing. Harvey running with ball being tackled by Prentice and he gets it across, but Slater gathers safely and clears up field. LV. Kilmarnock goal mouth. Falkirk forward tries to shoot at goal but Tonner heads it out to right wing as he tries to block it. GV. O'Hara runs out after it, starts to run in, beats his man and crosses the ball across the goal as Grierson and Merchant both lunge at it, but he misses. CU. Woman in crowd exasperated. GV. Kilmarnock goal area. Falkirk at it again, Tommy Murray shoots and Brown makes a lovely save. CU. Cheering boys in crowd. GV. Falkirk still at it in the Kilmarnock goal area. Ball is flicked across to Morran who is running in. SV. Morran bringing the ball under control running through and hooks the ball past Brown - ball in net. Camera pans as the players dance for joy. Falkirk 2, Kilmarnock 1. GV. Cheering crowd. SV. Towards, the players come off the field after game. Final score Falkirk 2, Kilmarnock 1.

    (Orig.Neg.) (SCOTTISH SPECIAL)

  • Tags

  • Data

    Film ID:
    Media URN:
    Pathe newsreels
    British Pathé
    Issue Date:
    HD Format:
    Available on request
    Black & White
    Time in/Out:
    01:40:35:00 / 01:43:28:00
    57/35 Special

Comments (0)

We always welcome comments and more information about our films.
All posts are reactively checked. Libellous and abusive comments are forbidden.

Add your comment